Copyright ©2014 qPublic
Garfield County Court Clerk
Home General Information Services Judges Phone Directory Oklahoma State Court Network On Demand Court Records (KellPro) Small Claims Marriage License Probate Records Request Licenses Traffic
Garfield County Courthouse
Marriage License
AGE 18 OR OLDER: Couples wishing to obtain a marriage license must provide proof of age.  Please bring one of the following: a valid State or Government issued ID, this may be a driver’s license, certified birth certificate, passport.  No waiting period is required for those persons over the age of 18 before a license may be issued or the ceremony preformed. AGE 16-17: Parental consent is required.  One parent or legal guardian of the 16-17 year old must be present.  The parent, if divorced, must show proof they are the custodial parent (court filed divorce decree or temporary custody order) and provide a valid picture ID.  Legal guardian must show Letter of Guardianship and provide a valid picture ID.  Birth certificate and picture ID are required for the minors.  Marriage for ages under 16 is prohibited in this state except by court order.  A physician’s letter to verify pregnancy must be presented at the time of application if . needed.  If a party is under the age of 18, there is a 72 hour waiting period required.  You must apply for your license and come back after 72 hours to obtain the issued license.  Exemption is only by written waiver signed by a judge. FOREIGN ID’S: When applying for a marriage license using ID other than those issued by the United States, a translated birth certificate must be presented. DIVORCE: Persons divorced in Oklahoma may not marry anyone other than their previous spouse for a period of six months after the divorce decree is filed. BLOOD TEST: Oklahoma law no longer requires a premarital blood test. RESIDENCY: There are no residency requirements. TIME SENSITIVE: Once a license has been issued it is valid to be used within 10 days.  The completed marriage license must be returned to the Court Clerk’s Office within 5 days from the marriage ceremony to be registered.  This may be done in person or through the mail.  The original along with copies necessary for personal use will be returned. WEDDING CEREMONY: There are no judges that perform wedding ceremonies in this county.  Our office has contact numbers for ministers that may be called to arrange ceremonies. FEES: The cost for a marriage license is $50 cash.  If premarital counseling is completed, the cost is reduced to $5.00.  The Certificate of Premarital Counseling will show that the named persons have successfully completed the counseling requirements and must be presented to the Court Clerk to apply the reduced fee.  Premarital Counseling forms may be picked up in the Court Clerk’s office.   Our office hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and we are open during the lunch hour.  Licenses require some time to prepare so please arrive early (4:00 P.M.) MINISTER’S CREDENTIALS By law, those performing marriage ceremonies in the State of Oklahoma must record their credentials with the Court Clerk’s Office. Ministers who live outside Oklahoma who desire to perform a marriage ceremony in our state must file their credentials with the Court Clerk prior to conducting the service. Once a minister is registered in any county in the state, it is not necessary to register in other counties. There is no fee required to register your Certificate of Ordination Once registered, the clerk will give you a Book and Page number which you will use when completing the bottom portion of a Marriage License. Any question regarding Marriage Licenses or Minister’s Credentials please call the Court Clerk’s Office at (580) 237-0232.
114 W. Broadway  Enid, Oklahoma 73701 | Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday
Marriage License