General Tax Information

Real Property

The PVA office uses Field Representatives to collect data. We receive information from several different sources:

  1. The County Building & Electrical Inspector provides a list of permits as they are issued. These have all improvements such as additions, garages, multiple dwellings (duplexes, apartments, condos), new businesses, pools and manufactured home placements.
  2. The City also provides permits for such improvements (new homes, manufactured housing placement).
  3. On site visual inspections such as required for quadrennial plan and physically checking each parcel for improvements.

A Field Representative is responsible for going to the site, listing all improvements, measuring all structures and taking photos of said improvements. Interior specs are gathered from on site discussion with the owner or occupant. If no one is on site the field rep will estimate interior specs and leave a card for the owner to fill out and return to the PVA office with information on the structure.

The Field Representative is also responsible for keeping track of all manufactured housing placement in the county and city. Information on the manufactured house should include the owner's name, mailing address, make, model and year. The field rep checks every year to see of the manufactured home has been removed from the site, is new on the site or has had any improvements made during the year. Manufactured home parks are required by law to fill out forms yearly that list owners names and information on the home.