Residential and Agricultural 2018 assessment notices were mailed out April 27, 2018 and last day to file an appeal is June 11, 2018.
Commercial and Industrial 2018 assessment notices were mailed out May 25, 2018 and last day to file an appeal is July 9, 2018.
A taxpayer can file an appeal by:
Reasons for Appeal
- Sending a written letter to the board of assessors. Must include a reason to appeal, a value, and which option you would like to take.
- An email can be sent to email@example.com. Must include a reason to appeal, a value, and which option you would like to take
- Can come into the office.
An appeal can be made based on any of the following reasons:
If a property owner files an appeal, one of the following options must be selected:
- Denial of Homestead / Special Use Exemption
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office at 770-358-5161.
- An appeal to the County Board of Equalization with appeal to the Superior Court.
- Arbitration (value)
- County Hearing Officer (value or uniformity, on non-homestead real property or wireless personal property valued, in excess of 750,000)