2017 assessment notices were mailed out April 25, 2017 and last day to file an appeal is June 09, 2017.|
A taxpayer can file an appeal by:
Reasons for Appeal
- Sending a written letter to the board of assessors. Must include a reason to appeal, a value, and which option you would like to take.
- An email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must include a reason to appeal, a value, and which option you would like to take
- Can come into the office.
An appeal can be made based on any of the following reasons:
If a property owner files an appeal, one of the following options must be selected:
- Denial of Homestead / Special Use Exemption
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office at 770-358-5161.
- An appeal to the County Board of Equalization with appeal to the Superior Court.
- Arbitration (value)
- County Hearing Officer (value or uniformity, on non-homestead real property or wireless personal property valued, in excess of 750,000)