Please be advised of the following: Governor Kemp has extended the filing deadline for the Conservation Use Program and the Forest Land Conservation Program until June 1, 2020. Should you wish to file for or renew your Conservation Use Program Forest Land Protection Program and have not yet done so, please give us a call should you feel you need assistance and we will be happy to assist you. You may also print the forms, complete them yourself and mail them to us, postmarked by June 1, 2020, should you feel comfortable doing so:

  • PT-283A Application for Conservation Use Assessment of Bona Fide Agricultural Property.

  • PT-48-5-7.7 Forest Land Conservation Use Assessment Covenant.

  • If for any reason you are unable to complete filing for the Conservation Use Program prior to the June 1st deadline, you may file for the Conservation Use Program once you receive your Notice of Annual Assessment. That notice should be mailed to all property owners in late-May. You will have 45 days from the date of that notice to file your Conservation Use Program request.

    Board of Tax Assessors & Appraisal Office

    Questions about property appraisal and assessment in Elbert County are not uncommon. We are happy to provide this powerful new information source.

    We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to the taxpayers and citizens of Elbert County. Should you need additional information not provided here, please feel free to call our office Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm at 706-283-2008.


    Notice to the Elbert County Property Owners and Occupants. In accordance with O.C.G.A. 48-5-264.1, please be advised that the Elbert County Appraisal Staff may be visiting your property to review your parcel information concerning an appeal filed, return filed, construction of new improvement or addition, review of parcel, and/or conservation use application. The field appraiser from our office will have photo identification and will be driving a marked county vehicle. If you have any further questions, please call our office at (706) 283-2008.